High speed rail. Do we need it, or not?
The battle has raged over a number of inter-city high speed rail lines.
- Convenient for people traveling between major urban areas.
- Alternative to flying.
- Other developed countries have them, so should we.
- Tax payer costs for construction run into the many billions of $
- In Europe where gas is high and cities are close, the trains absorb billions in annual government subsidies. Amtrak already gets billions every year for established lines in the busiest corridors.
- Used by relatively few people.
Tell me, Reckonauts! Where do you stand on this? Is high-speed rail worth it?
Don't be cheap.
Can't afford them.
Thursday Night, 1995. Which sitcom reigns supreme, Seinfeld or Friends?
If you could just zap all Star Wars-related storytelling made after 1998 out of existence, ...